Lesson 3: Adjusting Your Settings
After you've created your form, you'll want to adjust its settings. Google Forms offers a variety of settings that allow you to customize how your recipients use and interact with your forms. In this lesson, we'll take a look at the different settings you can use.
To access the settings of your form, click the Settings icon in the top-right corner.
This will bring up the Settings menu with various options. You can toggle them on and off according to your preferences.
Click the buttons in the interactive below to learn more about the different settings for Google Forms.
See Summary Charts and Text Responses
This allows your recipients to see a summary of the responses you've received so far. If you're gathering sensitive information, you may not want to use this because it would make responses available to everyone.
When to use these settings
To give you a better idea of when you might want to use some of these settings, let's take a look at a few real-world examples:
- Julia is posting a survey for employees on her company's internal website. For this, she'll select Limit to 1 response so an employee can't complete the survey multiple times. She may also select See summary charts and text responsesif she'd like for employees to be able to see the survey's current results.
- George is creating an invitation for his wife's birthday party. He might want to selectEdit after submit so invitees can change their RSVPs if something comes up. He could also select Collect email addresses so he can send out updates or reminders to everyone who responds.
- Sarah is a teacher using Google Forms to schedule parent-teacher conferences. She could select Collect email addresses to gather parents' information for future contact. She may also want to use Response receipts, which would give parents a copy of the form, reminding them of the date and time of their conference.
Once you're happy with the settings you've chosen, you're ready to send your form to its recipients!
How do I save my Google Form settings? ›
- Open a form in Google Forms.
- In the top left under “Responses,” click Summary.
- In the top right, click More. Select destination for responses.
- Choose an option: Create a new spreadsheet: Creates a spreadsheet for responses in Google Sheets. ...
- Click Create or Select.
Format the text.
- To bold: Click Bold .
- To italicize: Click Italic .
- To underline: Click Underline .
(If you haven't yet created one, you need to do that first.) Under the Settings tab, click on Responses. Under Requires Sign In, toggle all options to the off position, including Limit to 1 response.How do you control Google Forms? ›
- Step 1: Set up a new form or quiz. Go to forms.google.com. ...
- Step 2: Edit and format a form or quiz. You can add, edit, or format text, images, or videos in a form. ...
- Step 3: Send your form for people to fill out. When you are ready, you can send your form to others and collect their responses.
Change the color, theme, or header image
In Google Forms, open a form. Under "Color," you can choose a theme color and background color for your form. To add your own photo as a theme, under "Header," click Choose image.
Limit how your files are shared
- Share the file with others.
- Add or remove people from the file.
- Change access permissions to the file.
- Copy, print, or download the file.
If you have been facing text formatting issues in Google Docs, you're not alone. Several users have been reporting this issue on various forums, and I've been facing this issue myself, too. Now, it turns out this is being caused by a conflict with ad blockers and page script blocking extensions.Why is my formatting weird on Google Docs? ›
The easiest fix to the Google Docs formatting issue is to disable your ad blocker. But if you don't want to disable your ad blocker, you can whitelist Google Docs instead. You will find the option to whitelist specific websites from the extension's settings.How do I get rid of weird formatting in Google Docs? ›
- Click the remove formatting button in the toolbar OR.
- Click “Format” then “Clear formatting” OR.
- Shortcut keys: Mac: Command + \ Windows: Ctrl + \
- Open a form in Google Forms.
- At the top of the form, click Settings.
- Next to “Responses,” click the Down arrow .
- Turn off Restrict to users in [yourdomain.com] and its trusted organizations.
Does Google Forms always require email? ›
By default, Google Forms don't collect email addresses. This is useful because people can respond anonymously and because people don't need a Google account to fill out your form.Can you be monitored through Google Forms? ›
Well, the answer is no. Google Classroom uses Google Forms to prepare quizzes and assessments, and the latter has no such functionality to track cheating.Can Google Forms track what you are doing? ›
No the teacher will not be informed. As Google Form has no such functionality. However schools may choose to use 3rd party apps such as autoproctor which integrate with Google Form to provide such a monitoring facility.Can Google Forms see what you're doing? ›
Can teachers see what you do on Google Forms? unless you submit an answer no they don't see who has opened it up there is also certain google forms that lock so you can't open other tabs so once you open it you have to submit your answer before you open another tab.How do I customize Google Form responses? ›
- In Forms, open a form or quiz.
- Click Settings. Responses.
- Turn on Allow response editing. After people submit their answers, a confirmation page appears. They can click a link to reopen the form and change their answers.
- On your computer, open a Google Docs, Sheets, or Slides file.
- Select the text, range of cells, or object you want to copy the format of.
- In the toolbar, click Paint format. ...
- Select what you want to paste the formatting onto.
- Open a document.
- Highlight the text you want to change.
- In the bar above the text, select the font, font size, paragraph spacing, text color, background color, or any other aspect you'd like to change.
- Select Format.
- Select Paragraph styles.
- Click Normal text.
Click the Paint Format icon on the left-hand side of the tool bar. To apply this format to other text, simply highlight the text you want to apply the formatting to. Double clicking the icon will lock the format into place and every piece of text clicked will change to the new format.How do I turn off formatting? ›
- Go to File > Help > Options > Display.
- Under Always show these formatting marks on the screen, select the check box for each formatting mark that you always want to display regardless if the Show/Hide. button is turned on or off.
- On your computer, open a document in Google Docs.
- Select text with the style you want to use.
- Click Format Paragraph styles Normal text or Heading 1-6. ...
- All of the text in your document with the same text type, such as "Heading 4" or "Normal text," will be updated to match your initial selection.
Can formatting be removed? ›
Select the text that you want to return to its default formatting. On the Home tab, in the Font group, click Clear All Formatting. On the Home tab, in the Font group, click Clear All Formatting. On the Message tab, in the Basic Text group, click Clear All Formatting.What does Restricted mean on Google Forms? ›
If you have enabled the "Restrict to users in your domain and its trusted organizations" option or added Google Forms file upload question in your form, then your form will not be publicly visible as both of these features requires Google Signin.Why Google Form is not accepting responses? ›
If you have disabled "Accepting responses", your users will no longer be able to view your form and submit the response. Please enable this option to get the form working and then use it with Formfacade. To use this feature, you need our Gsuite addon. Install this addon to customize Google Forms.Why can't I see responses on Google Forms? ›
If You Don't See Form Data
Open the form, and then follow the instructions for choosing where to save form responses, selecting the spreadsheet where you'd like to see the responses as the destination, or unlink the form from the spreadsheet to keep the responses in the form, only.
Google Forms automatically saves your configuration settings. In the Questions tab, a message appears at the top of your form confirming that Google Form will collect email addresses after each submission.Does every Google Form send email when submitted? ›
With Email Notifications for Google Forms, you can automatically send email messages every time a respondent submits your Google Form. You can notify the form respondent, your team members, or create notification rules and send emails to different people based on the form answers.How do I share a Google Form with non Gmail users? ›
- Email the file to the user as an attachment. With your Google document open in Google Drive, click File, and choose 'Email as attachment'. ...
- Allow anyone with a link to edit your document. ...
- Ask the user to create a Google Account.
- On your phone, open the Settings app.
- Tap Apps.
- Tap the app you want to change. If you can't find it, tap See all apps. ...
- Tap Permissions. If you allowed or denied any permissions for the app, you'll find them here.
- To change a permission setting, tap it, then choose Allow or Don't allow.
If you want to prevent changes to existing records (make a form read-only), set the AllowAdditions, AllowDeletions, and AllowEdits properties to No. You can also make records read-only by setting the RecordsetType property to Snapshot.Can anyone access a Google Form? ›
If you share Google forms with a: Personal account: Any responder with the link can open the form. Workspace account: You can limit your audience to your organization or make the form accessible to anyone.
Can the owner of a Google Form see who viewed it? ›
If someone has been invited to view or edit the document, the Viewers tab will tell you the last time they opened it. You can also click All Viewers to see everyone from your organization who has viewed the document, whether they were invited or clicked a shareable link.Are Google Forms really confidential? ›
The answer is both yes and no. If you don't add any identifying information to the form itself, then your respondents will remain anonymous. However, if you include questions that ask for personal information or email addresses, then those responses will be tied to specific individuals.Can teachers see your search history on google? ›
They can't access it from chrome. However, if you're signed into the chrome browser with your school account they have control over it's settings while you're logged into it, and could easily have installed an extension that tracks what you do anyway.Does Google Form track your time? ›
Yes. If somebody is using Google Forms, and you fill out their questionnaire, they can see the date and time that you submit the form.Can office forms detect cheating? ›
No, Microsoft Forms cannot be used to detect cheating in other applications. Microsoft Forms is a web-based application that is designed to help users quickly collect and analyze data from a variety of sources. It is not designed to detect cheating in other applications.Will they know if I edit my response in Google Form? ›
When the edit after submit option is enabled in google forms, an edit link will be included in the confirmation message shown after submit and the response receipt email sent to the form respondents.Can Google Forms see if response are edited? ›
The 'View score' button will show which of their responses were correct or incorrect. They can also view any feedback you provide for each question.Is there a Save button on Google Forms? ›
Edit Form View: When in the edit view of your form, in the upper right-hand corner, click on the Save button.Can you save a Google Form in a folder? ›
Select your File Upload question from the list of available questions. Next, choose the parent Google Drive Folder where you wish to copy or move these uploaded files. You need to switch to the Shared File section in the picker to select a team folder.Can Google Forms be traced? ›
The answer is both yes and no. If you don't add any identifying information to the form itself, then your respondents will remain anonymous. However, if you include questions that ask for personal information or email addresses, then those responses will be tied to specific individuals.
Do Google Forms collect data? ›
Google Forms is an online form generator tool that you can use to collect a variety of data quickly. You can create your own custom forms using the variety of question types Google provides, as well as a variety of settings to make the form personalized to your business or project.How long does a Google Form last? ›
When you fill out a Google Form in your Google account, your progress is automatically saved as a draft for 30 days. This means if you can't complete a form or need to switch devices, you don't have to start over the next time you open the form. Important: If you're offline, autosave doesn't work.Where do Google Form responses go? ›
Data from all responses is available immediately after each form submission in the Responses tab. The Responses tab contains 3 subtabs: Summary, Question, and Individual.How do I find out who owns a Google Form? ›
The easiest way to find the owner of a form is to search for it by name or by searching for the response sheet that is linked to it. The sheet name is typically (but not always) the same as the form name with (Responses) appended to the end.Can I make a copy of a Google Form that isn't mine? ›
Try making a copy of the Google Form by right clicking the form in drive and selecting "Make a copy" from the listing.How do I save a Google Form and edit later? ›
- Open a form in Google Forms.
- Click Add .
- To the right of the question title, choose the type of question you want.
- Type the possible responses to your question. To prevent people from not answering, turn on Required.
- Step 1: Open up your Google Form. The first thing you'll need to do is open up your form. ...
- Step 2: Find the response you want to delete. Once you've navigated to the "Responses" tab, you'll see all of the responses. ...
- Step 3: Delete the response.